Friday, January 22, 2010

Howard Stern going back to Old Fashion Radio??

Thanks Artie's Talkin Gut for the info

source

Sirius XM radio personality Howard Stern addressed the topic of returning broadcast radio on Thursday, saying that has been approached by "regular" radio to return to the airwaves. Stern's Sirius XM 5-year $500 deal will soon come to an end and in an on-air interview with Bubba The Love Sponge, Stern said he's been contacted by several radio executives, but has not received a "bona fide" offer yet.

"I actually have an offer," Stern said. "Well, not a bona fide offer, but people have been making them." By holding these conversations, Stern could be posturing in a contract year.

In December, Stern speculated about leaving the company. "I don't think I'm going to be re-signing," he said on air. "I know exactly what I want to do here," he said, "and I don't know if it would interest them," meaning his bosses. (01-21-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment