Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sternfannetwork is fucked up

Mutt:

We're going to lose all of the attachments on SFN (post #1)
The site is dying. I've lost any hopes that the VB team would be able to do this badly needed upgrade for us & save all of our data. I've finally reached the conclusion that I need to bite, do this upgrade myself, and accept that by doing so we'll lose every single attachment in every single thread. there's just no way around it. don't ask me why we have to lose them. if ya want to know, go here.

so, I made sure to save everything in the gallery. many of you may have never seen the pics int he gallery it's been fucked up for so long. I have em and after the upgrade, I'll simple rebuild the gallery. it contains over 50 photo galleries from various stern events.

I went in to start manually saving all the attachments in the photo album forum and found out that 3/4 of the threads in there are fucked up from the last time we got hacked & lost so many thread. I just went and rebuilt as many as I could using an old backup. I restored over 100 threads and their attachments. Now I'm downloading those attachments. here are the restored threads. if you want the pics, now is the time to grab them because after the upgrade, those attachments will be gone. I'll have the pics in 1 big folder & I'll probably upload them to the new gallery but they'll be all mixed up and lost them.
----
visit here for more info:
http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?s=40432a3be80d62785c74e040aadfb4f4&threadid=434199

No comments:

Post a Comment