Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Artie Calls Off...AGAIN

Baby Gorilla is sick yet again...is he back on the sauce? The Stern staff weighed in on the issue on the October 13th show:

"Howard started off the show welcoming George Takei to the studio and noting that Artie was out today, as he's been – oddly enough – 4 of the 10 weeks George has sat in as the show's announcer: "We were out Friday and Monday. It's fine, but...I've tried to figure out whether Artie's on drugs or not because I'm always wrong." Howard later asked the crew if they thought Artie was sick or back on drugs.

George gave Artie the benefit of the doubt: "I think health-wise he's very fragile."

Fred disagreed, but only in the hopes he was proved wrong as he has in the past: "He's on the sauce again."

Robin was also skeptical: "I want him to be sick but I don't think he is." Benjy speculated: "But that might mean he was using before and got off again."

Jon Hein was generous: "I think he's exhausted and therefore sick."

Howard said he was sick himself – of betting in favor of Artie's sobriety and being repeatedly proved wrong."


A few months ago I would have said Artie was just sick, but since he lost me as a fan with his latest DUI, I would have to agree with most of his fellow co-workers. Even they can see Artie Lange is headed down a sad and scary road...

source: http://www.howardstern.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment